Finding and purchasing a home involves more steps than most buyers realize. A buyer’s representative can be an incredibly beneficial resource, helping you navigate the entire process. Here’s a partial list of everything you can expect from me...
* Identify your needs and wants in a property.
* Find appropriate available properties.
* Set up an automated email alert system that immediately notifies you of properties that fit your requirements.
* Sort through inaccurate information about homes in the area.
* Provide ready access to all MLS-listed properties.
* Network with other agents for properties not yet in the MLS.
* Preview properties prior to showing.
* Help select for viewing only those homes that fit your needs.
* Aid in narrowing your search until you have identified your top choices.
* Assist in analyzing the pros and cons of each property.
* Disclose all known latent material defects.
* Assist you in evaluating properties for suitability, affordability, and resale value.
* Educate you on whether it is a buyer’s market or a seller’s market.
* Show statistics on what percent of list price the sellers are currently receiving.
* Show trends, current average days on market, current absorption rate, and/or current months of inventory.
* Prepare a CMA so that you make an informed decision when offering a price.
* Advise you on what comparable properties are selling for.
* Explain common contract contingencies.
* Obtain appropriate seller disclosures.
* Prioritize your goals.
* Help create a negotiating strategy to achieve those goals.
* Ensure that you receive and understand all state and federally required disclosure forms.
* Handle the completion of the offer to purchase or sales contract.
* Educate you on the contents of the sales contract.
* Ensure that all appropriate additional forms are completed.
* Assist you in getting the best property at the best price with the least amount of inconvenience based on current market conditions.
* Prepare you for multiple offer situations and develop negotiation strategies specific to multiple offers.
* Recommend inspectors, lenders, attorneys, and other professionals as necessary.
* Be an advocate during the closing process.
* Review and discuss home inspection concerns.
* Monitor and communicate required contract deadlines to ensure that you meet them.
* Assist in coordinating communications between the listing agent, lender, attorneys, title company, appraiser, and other professionals.
* Accompany you on the walk-through prior to closing to ensure the property is in the same condition as when you entered into the contract.
* Remain a life-long trusted advisor regarding real estate questions, needs, or concerns.